Wednesday 20 April 2011

10 MINUTE INTERVIEW WITH : SOPHIA HESKETH


NAME: Sophia Hesketh

LIVES IN: London

JOB DESCRIPTION: Assistant to George Cortina, (Fashion Direction to Vogue Japan) and Freelance Stylist.

BEST SHOOT YOU'VE WORKED ON? "Too many to choose from. Most memorable was when we were shooting in Kuwait with Izzy Blow on the eve of the 2nd Gulf War! Another one was in Rio a couple of seasons ago. We were shooting with Mario Sorrenti in the Favellas - crazy! The pictures turned out amazingly."

Mario Sorrenti Shoot 


IF YOU COULD ONLY WEAR ONE DESIGNER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WHO WOULD IT BE? "That is a mean question! Don't think I can answer... It's like asking  you to only eat one type of food... Ah ok. Olivier Theyskens is a genius. What he did at Rochas, then Nina Ricci and now Theyskens Theory. All so incredible but in different ways."

Olivier Theyskens for Nina Ricci
Olivier Theyskens Theory
TIPS FOR ANY ASPIRING STYLISTS? "Assist someone good. Therefore you meet all the best photographers, makeup and hair stylists and their assistants from the very beginning."

COUNTRY OR LONDON? "I couldn't live 100% of the time in either. But I suppose my job requires me to be in the city so I would have to say London as I would really hate not to be doing my job"

Sophia at Paris Fashion Week in March

FAVOURITE LONDON HANGOUTS: "Taqueria, a great Mexican on Westbourne Grove. Alfies Antique Market and Mairead Lewin in Notting Hill for the best Vintage finds."

Taqueria- Westbourne Grove
Alfies Antique Market - Church Street
FAVOURITE RECIPES: "Chicken Breast on a bed of leeks wrapped in Pancetta. Its pretty easy and delicious. Also my Banoffee Pie is the best!"

DESCRIBE YOUR HOME: "My flat is nice. It has a big garden which I love and I have loads of BBQ's in it during the Summer. It is filled with lots of pictures that I've collected my whole life."

No comments:

Post a Comment